The Black Cat Farm booth at the Boulder Farmers’ Market will include the following produce on September 6, 2014:
- Baby lettuce mix
- Beets, multiple varieties
- Black beans, fresh
- Borlotti beans, fresh
- Cabbage (Danish ball head, Savoy, Filderkraut Hillmer)
- Corn, Japanese variety
- Cucumbers, pickling
- Ground cherries
- Lettuce (Batavian, Tom Thumb)
- Peppers (Anaheim, jalapeno. Italian pimento-style bell)
- Perpetual spinach
- Spicy Asian greens mix
- Storing onions, several varieties
- String beans (Green Crop)
- Summer squash
- Swiss chard
Non-produce items available will consist of chicken eggs.
Signs of the changing season
As summer slips away and the nights become colder, lettuces and greens grow more vigorously and abundantly and basil browns and loses its verdant beauty.
Many of the summer vegetables are hanging on, like tomatoes and squash, but we can foresee fall frosts and crisp weather coming. So, get your tender local farm-fresh summer veggies while you can.