The Black Cat Farm booth at the Boulder Farmers’ Market will include the following produce on August 30, 2014:
- Baby fennel
- Baby lettuce mix
- Basil, Genovese, sweet
- Beets, multiple varieties
- Borlotti beans, fresh
- Cabbage, Danish ball head, Savoy, Spanish Black, Filderkraut Hillmer
- Collard greens
- Corn, Japanese variety
- Cucumbers, pickling
- Kale, white Russian
- Peppers, bell, Hungarian wax, jalapeno
- Perpetual spinach
- Spicy Asian greens mix
- Storing onions, several varieties
- String beans, Green Crop, Royal Burgundy, Golden Rocky
- Summer squash
- Swiss chard, two varieties
Non-produce items available will consist of chicken eggs.
Last weekend, we saw a Japanese variety of corn and fresh Borlotti and garbanzo beans show up at the Black Cat Farm booth at the Boulder Farmers’ Market.
This corn is a variety that is used as baby corn in Asian dishes. Eric planted it to be eaten whole as baby corn in dishes at Black Cat Farm-Table-Bistro. When larger, it cannot be eaten whole but is sweet, crunchy, and can be prepared as you do any variety of sweet corn.