Union Station Farmers Market
Denverites, we are here for you every Saturday at the Union Station Farmers Market (located at the Union Station transportation hub in downtown Denver, 1701 Wynkoop street). From 9am to 2pm, you can sample our fresh greens and other produce and take home ingredients for your dinner or something tasty prepared by our restaurants.
Black Cat Farm market produce
- Asian greens mix
- Fava beans
- Green beans, tri-color mix (green, yellow purple)
- Lettuce, Tom Thumb
- Onions, fresh
- Osaka shirona cabbage
- Spicy mustard mix
- Summer squash
- Swiss chard
Bacon, Black Cat Farm polenta, breakfast sausage, chorizo, and pork cuts will also be available.
We will also offer the following Black Cat Bistro frozen cooked dishes made with Black Cat Farm heritage pork:
- Bacon marmalade: Our plum wood-smoked Mulefoot bacon cooked with shallots, sherry vinegar, brown sugar and spices.
- Black pudding: A traditional sausage that uses blood, onion, garlic, egg and spices. Eric altered it from the norm by adding cherries poached in red wine to make it more approachable.
- Bolognese sauce: Classic Italian meat-based sauce originating from the city of Bologna, Italy. Often served with pasta.
- Porchetta di testa: A traditional Italian salumi made from the meat from a pig’s head. It is brined, then spiced and rolled followed by a long poaching. Shaved paper thin, it is a delight.
- Pork green chile: A Colorado staple made according to Eric’s recipe with smoked pork and green tomatoes.
- Pork rillettes: A spread made with pork that is similar to pate.
Dog days of summer
Eric and our farm workers have been steadily working through these hot July days, drinking lots of water and taking breaks in the shady spots on the farm. We have been appreciating the short afternoon showers but hoping for more rain just like farmers always do in the summer.
We have been harvesting the first cherry tomatoes and Jalapeno and Jacinto peppers for our restaurants. It’s just a matter of time before we have tomatoes and peppers at the market.