Union Station Farmers Market
Denverites, come on down this Saturday at the Union Station Farmers Market (located at the Union Station transportation hub in downtown Denver, 1701 Wynkoop street). From 9am to 2pm, you can sample our fresh greens and other produce and take home ingredients for your dinner or something tasty prepared by our restaurants.
Black Cat Farm market produce
- Basil, Genovese, Lemon (Boulder-only)
- Garbanzo beans, fresh
- Green beans, tri-color mix (green, yellow purple)
- Lettuce, head
- Lettuce mix
- Onions, fresh
- Osaka shirona cabbage
- Spicy mustard mix
- Squash blossoms
- Summer squash
- Swiss chard
Black Cat Farm polenta and red winter wheat flour, breakfast sausage, chorizo, and pork cuts will also be available.
We will also offer the following Black Cat Bistro frozen cooked dishes made with Black Cat Farm heritage pork:
- Bacon marmalade: Our plum wood-smoked Mulefoot bacon cooked with shallots, sherry vinegar, brown sugar and spices.
- Black pudding: A traditional sausage that uses blood, onion, garlic, egg and spices. Eric altered it from the norm by adding cherries poached in red wine to make it more approachable.
- Bolognese sauce: Classic Italian meat-based sauce originating from the city of Bologna, Italy. Often served with pasta.
- Porchetta di testa: A traditional Italian salumi made from the meat from a pig’s head. It is brined, then spiced and rolled followed by a long poaching. Shaved paper thin, it is a delight.
- Pork green chile: A Colorado staple made according to Eric’s recipe with smoked pork and green tomatoes.
- Pork rillettes: A spread made with pork that is similar to pate.
New at the market
It must be summer when Black Cat Farm is offering fresh basil and garbanzo beans. One of our favorite simple meals is Eric’s fresh garbanzo bean ragu or stew. We like to add summer squash to it to make it extra summer-y. Vegetarian and easy, so lovely.