Union Station Farmers Market
We will not be attending the Union Station Farmers Market tomorrow. Look for us next Saturday on September 17, 2016.
Black Cat Farm market produce
- Basil (lemon, Genovese, purple)
- Cabbage, Napa
- Cilantro flowers
- Corn (sweet)
- Cucumbers (salad, pickling)
- Lettuce, head (Jericho and Tom Thumb)
- Lettuce mix
- Mizuna and Ruby Streaks mizuna
- Mustard greens
- Summer squash
- Swiss chard
Bacon, breakfast sausage, chorizo, and pork cuts will also be available.
We will also offer the following Black Cat Bistro frozen prepared dish made with Black Cat Farm heritage pork:
- Pork green chile: A Colorado staple made according to Eric’s recipe with smoked pork and green tomatoes.
- Bolognese sauce: Classic Italian meat-based sauce originating from the city of Bologna, Italy. Often served with pasta.
Farm dinner in Palisade
September is a big month for us. In addition to our dinner with the James Beard Foundation tomorrow, we also are participating in a farm dinner in Palisade, CO with Bookcliff Vineyards next Friday, September 16.
Our friends at Bookcliff Vineyards supply our house red and white wines. Eric works with them when blending the wine to customize it for our restaurants.
It is now a tradition for Eric and Jill to head out for Palisade to prepare this yearly five-course dinner in the Bookcliff vineyard that occurs right before Palisade Winefest. Each dish will be perfectly paired with a Bookcliff wine.
Following are more details:
Feast in the Vineyard
Date: Friday, September 16
Location: 676 39 Road, Palisade, CO 81526
Ticketing: Through the Bookcliff Vineyard Web site (http://bookcliffvineyards.com)