The Black Cat Farm booth at the Boulder Farmers’ Market will include the following produce on October 17, 2015:
- Asian greens mix (chrysanthemum, ruby streaks mizuna )
- Chinese broccoli (Gai-lan), vegetable and flowers
- Fennel flowers
- Kale, red and white
- Lettuce mix
- Lettuce, butter
- Mizuna, ruby streaks
- Mustard greens
- Mustard greens mix (ruby streaks mizuna, tatsoi)
- Perpetual spinach
- Sen Po Sai (Chinese collards)
- Squash, winter (acorn, butternut, delicata)
- Turnips (Gold Ball, magenta)
Mulefoot pork cuts, sheep pelts, and pig leather will also be available.
Comings and goings
As the summer produce, such as green beans and tomatoes, is exiting, we are waiting for frost to sweeten up our root vegetables.
In the meantime, cardoons are on the horizon. Once prepared, this spiny relative of the artichoke can be used in the same ways as artichoke. We look forward to marinating cardoon pieces in an herb-laden vinaigrette for days, even weeks, and picking at is like marinated olives every time we open the fridge.